DATA PRIVACY NOTICE OF THE RIVERA MEDICAL CENTER,INC. (RMCi)
This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by or in behalf of RMCi. This Notice explains:
• Who we are, how we use your information
• What kinds of personal information about you we process
• What the legal grounds are for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)
• What you should do if your personal information changes
• How long we retain you personal information
• What your rights are under the The Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its Implementing Rules and Regulations
Republic Act No. 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act is a law that seeks to protect all forms of information, be it private, personal, or sensitive.
For the purpose of applicable data protection legislation, the organization responsible for your personal data is Rivera Medical Center, Inc.(RMCi)
This Notice describes how we collect, use and process your personal data, and how, in doing so, we comply with our legal obligations to you. Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your data privacy rights
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION AND THE LAW
RMCi will be what’s known as the ‘Controller’ of your personal data. We collect basic personal data about you including your name, address, contact details such as email and mobile number etc.
We will also collect sensitive personal information in the form of health information, religious belief (if required in a healthcare setting) ethnicity, and sex during the services we provide to you and or linked to your healthcare through other health providers or third parties.
WHY DO WE NEED YOUR INFORMATION?
The health care professionals who provide you with care maintain records about your health and any treatment or care you have received previously. These records help to provide you with the best possible healthcare.
RMCi health records may be electronic, on paper or a mixture of both, and we use a combination of working practices and technology to ensure that your information is kept confidential and secure. Records which we hold about you may include the following information:
• Details about you, such as your address, carers, and emergency contact details
• Any contact RMCi has had with you, such as appointments, clinic visits, emergency appointments, etc.
• Notes and reports about your health
• Details about your treatment and care
• Results of investigations such as laboratory tests, x-rays etc
• Relevant information from other health professionals, relatives or those who care for you
To ensure you receive the best possible care, your records are used to facilitate the care you receive.