Dr. Emilio B. Rivera, a native of Gen. Tinio, Nueva Ecija, brought his family to Davao del Norte in 1950, responding to the government’s call to serve a more needful community. Seventeen years later, his youngest son Ramon took up Medicine in obedience to his father, and pushed to commence his practice, bringing along a partner-physician, his wife, Zenaida, to build up the 22-bed Primary Care Hospital that his father had started. Together, they learned the ropes of private practice by hard work, focusing on its mission to uplift their patients and their staff for the glory of God. In 1992, the hospital became a secondary hospital, increasing its bed capacity to 65.
By year 2000, the hospital was upgraded to become a tertiary hospital. It was formally incorporated as the Rivera Medical Center, Inc. in 2002. Two years later, the approved bed capacity was increased to 100.
In August, 2014, most of the hospital operations were transferred to the new adjacent 6-storey building with a 170-bed capacity. Foot bridges now connect the new building to the Medical Arts Complex that houses the consultants’ clinics, the Billing and Finance Offices and its Service Ward.
RMCI is a God-centered health institution that provides excellent facilities and services that exceed the expectations of our clients whom we serve and educate, in a manner consistent with our Christian values leading to a high standard of care that is uniquely RMCI
We envision a premier research and training hospital endowed with Christian values that inspire us in providing excellent but affordable health care services that uplift the health and lives of our clients all for the greater glory of God.